Luminosity & afterhours.fm stimulate DJ talent with Luminosity presents Before the Energy DJ Contest.
If you are an aspiring DJ, but yet haven’t got the perfect venue to showcase your talent, then read on.
Luminosity and afterhours.fm are organizing a dj contest where the best 23 mixes will be broadcasted and the best dj will win a gig at the Luminosity Before the Energy event!
This contest is for upcoming dj's and producers and gives talented people the opportunity to breakthrough in the international dance and club scene. If your specialized in trance and/or progressive then you can join this competition. The winner will receive the opportunity to show his/her skill to the public at the Luminosity presents Before the Energy event at Central Studios, Utrecht (NL) on Friday 02 April 2010.
The Dutch dance scene has an excellent reputation around the world. Luminosity gives talents from the whole world a chance and by this, it's possible to raise a new generation of aspiring artists/djs. Re-Ward, Mat Zo, Mark Sixma, Estiva, Vast Vision and Ferry Tayle are just a few perfect examples of fresh new talents that have played at Luminosity events and are now ready to take over the Energy.
How does it work?
The contest contains two rounds, the semi finals and finals.
Semi finals: after you have submitted your first demo the mix will be judged by a jury of DJs, Luminosity crew and visitors. With your mix you have the chance to show your best mixing skills and you can qualify for a spot in the finals:
Final : the best 23 mixes will be chosen and broadcasted on afterhours.fm where the djs start the last battle to win. A new mix is required to enter the final round.
- Requested style: Trance and related sub-genres.
- Sets must be exactly 60 minutes long, +/- 2 minutes (that is, 58-62 minutes).
- Sets must be in mp3 format with exactly 192 kbps, CBR. No VBR or other bitrates allowed. Set must be stereo with 44.1 kHz sample rate.
- Please name the mp3 in this format: DJ_Name_-_DJ_Contest_Luminosity_BTE_2010.mp3
- Hardware only, software mixes are not allowed.
- Only one submission per person is allowed
- Sets must have been mixed exclusively for this contest.
- Upload the mix to http://multiupload.com/
- Submissions failing to comply to the above rules will be rejected.
Jury - Judging criteria
- Ferry Tayle
- Mat Zo
- Orjan Nilsen
- Daniel Kandi
- Diane ( TA-Fr )
- Jeffrey ( AH.fm )
- Reiko ( Be-Dance.be )
- Alex & Sjagga ( Trancefix.nl )
- Raf ( TranceGate.it )
- Lars W. ( Tranergy.de )
- Jellyfish ( SpainTranceConnection.com )
- Bo & Otto ( Luminosity )
All the mixes will be judged by the following points:
1) mixing and technical skill.
2) track selection
4) voting by the listeners
The set with the highest score wins!
28 Nov 2009: Opening of the dj contest. DJ sets can be posted on the Luminosity forum.
31 Dec 2009: End of submission. Start of the judging by the jury. 23 best mixes continue to the finals.
31 Jan 2010: The finals: live broadcast of 23 best mixes at http://www.afterhours.fm and start of the last voting and judging. Note: it is required to record a new mix for the finals!
20 Feb 2010: Announcing the winner.
02 April 2010: The winner will be performing at the Luminosity presents Before the Energy event.
Zusätzliche Infos, beispielsweise wie das Mitmachen genau funktioniert gibts auf der HP.
EDIT: Zeitplan gemäß Luminosity Thread aktualisiert, gibt auch ein paar andere Änderungen - lest euch auf jeden Fall den Thread im Luminosity Forum komplett durch!